Hi I’m Angie and I’m proud to be the host of PPN Portsmouth.
My background is in banking, hospitality and sales and marketing of construction related items. As a sales person earning commission I set out early to find and sell the single most expensive item . . . wha-lla . . PROPERTY!
That’s where my property journey began following my first buy-to-let-disaster in South Africa several years ago. Even though I invested in myself and my education by attending many property training courses, property investing didn’t really become a reality for me until I stopped trying to do everything all on my own and took property networking seriously . . .
It’s with thanks to all the amazing people I’ve met at numerous networking events who have helped me make property investing a reality that I now invite and encourage you to do the same and network like a professional and grow your property business.
Walking into a room full of people you don’t know can be daunting and intimidating but like with most things in life, it does becomes easier and better the more you do it. The key is to not give in to the ‘fear’ ( False Expectations Appearing Real). Know and remember what’s most important to you (your WHY) because this will motivate you to do things outside of your comfort zone. Those ‘butterflies’ are a sign you’re raising the bar, moving outside of your comfort zone and growing – growing to be the best you can possibly be!
Property investing can be a lonely journey without networking, because not everyone in your immediate circle may share your passion for property and property investing. That’s ok, but do join us and meet other like-minded property entrepreneurs for knowledge, help and support, motivation and inspiration.
Here are a few simple tips on how to be network ready to help you make the most of your networking sessions:
- Simply book your place online and if you are serious about your property business, block book all the dates for the next 12 months for your local and preferred PPN meetings – that way they are in the diary first and take preference over other events.
- Prepare a 40 second ‘elevator’ pitch – the who, what, why, when and how! A brief introduction saying who you are, what you do to help others, how you to do it, 3 reasons why it’s beneficial and the situations when you can help. Write it out, read it aloud, time yourself and delete or add to it. Repeat this process over and over again until the words roll off your tongue and your pitch is within the 40 second time frame. Now repeat the exercise and prepare a 20 second pitch! You will be well rewarded for your efforts and a well presented pitch will set you apart from most other investors in the room.
- Dress according to your ‘brand’, (‘the brand of you’) but always be respectful of the people and potential investors you may meet in the room and be mindful of their perceptions of you. You only have one opportunity to make a first impression! When in doubt, err on the side of smart or smart casual as opposed to casual.
- Arrive early, and be prepared to stay after the meeting to network.
- SMILE ! Often.
- Start a new friendship by saying one little word . . . ʽHELLO’.
- We have two ears and only one mouth – so listen more and talk less.
- Relax and have fun – especially if it’s your first time! Everyone in the room wants you to have a good time and they want to meet you.
- Business Cards – ensure you always have plenty of business cards with you ( For your FREE report with tips and pointers on how to setup your business cards, please email me at email@example.com
- Remember to take pen and notebook to take notes (and jot down contact details of those who forgot their business cards).
- Meet the host and the founder members.
- Meet and have a short conversation with as many people in the room as possible and exchange cards so you can follow up after the meeting.
- Make notes on the business cards to remind you what the other person does etc.
- Most important is the follow up – contact everyone you meet and arrange your next point of contact.
- Connect via Linkedin, Facebook, etc.
- Book your seat at the next PPN meeting and invite friends, family and potential investors to join you as your guest!
- Attend regularly to build your profile and gain credibility.
If your network is your net worth, can you afford not to grow your network?
So come and join us on the 3rd Monday of every month for an informative and fun evening of networking and see for yourself how many new friendships, property deals and joint ventures are borne . . . . at PPN Portsmouth!
It’s so simple . . . you just have to be there with a SMILE and say HELLO!
Book your place now . . . . go on, right now!
Awesome! Well done!
Action breeds success and we look forward to seeing you at PPN Portsmouth
Until then, take care and SMILE . . . it’s contagious!
See you soon,
P.S. Please contact me should you have any questions:
Mobile 078 5134 6145 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org