Ozan is qualified solicitor, specialising in commercial and residential property. Although Ozan no longer practises as a solicitor, the knowledge and experience gained during his legal career has been invaluable to him, as a property investor.
Together with his business partner (and father), Oktay Redjep, Ozan runs their estate agency business, which is a franchised branch of one of the UK’s largest estate agency chains. Over the years, they have sold and rented thousands of properties for their customers.
In terms of property investment, Ozan has experience of dealing with a wide range of properties, including:
- Single lets
- Multi lets
- Below market value (BMV)
- Short residential leases
- Title issues and title splits
- Structural issues and unmortgageable property
- Commercial properties (with and without occupiers)
- Option agreements, conditional contracts, and joint ventures
Property investment has been life-changing for Ozan and his personal vision is to help others to either get into property or to grow their existing property portfolio/business.
In the 1980s and early 1990s, Oktay held various corporate roles at companies such as Thorn EMI Ferguson (as it was then known), Poly Peck International, and Metal Box. He project managed joint ventures between Thorn and Poly Peck (television manufacturing) and between Peugeot and Poly Peck (car manufacturing).
Since 1991, Oktay has been in business for himself. During that time, he has:
- Owned an import and export business (now sold)
- Owned a number of restaurants (now sold)
- Converted commercial properties into restaurants (from other use classes)
- Founded a property maintenance business
- Established an estate agency business which employs 12 staff and is part of one of the UK’s largest estate agency chains
As a property investor, Oktay has a residential buy-let property portfolio in London and Greater London, as well as owning commercial property.
Oktay has been a landlord for 30 years and therefore has an in-depth knowledge of the challenges facing landlords and how to overcome them. As part of his role as the Managing Director of his estate agency business, Oktay is a member of ARLA Propertymark (formerly known as the Association of Residential Letting Agents).
Oktay is looking to share his experience in property and business with the guests of PPN Canary Wharf.